Use the Links on the right of this page - Price Deadline for Regular Registration is May 15, 2009
The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology presents
The 11th Annual International Energy Psychology Conference
Main Conference: Thurs. evening May 28th & Fri. May 29 - Sun May 31, 2009
Pre-Conference Workshops: Thursday, May 28, 2009
EP Certification Course: June 1-3, 2009
Plus Monday June 1st - 2 Special One-Day Events (Open to the Public)
Jean Houston, PhD: The New Story of You: Participating in the Mystery of Transformation of Self and Society
Tibetan Buddhist Lama Surya Das: The Big Questions: How to Find Your Own Answers to Life's Essential Mysteries
The Fee is $190
If you only want to Register for one these workshops you will still use the conference registration system.
Click on the link above that says "Click to Register Now" and follow the instructions.
You can also register onsite During the conference or onsite up to 8:45 am on Monday June 1.
Jean Houston, PhD: So You Want to Change The World:Energy & Aptitude for a Time of Whole System Transition
Larry Dossey, MD: Thinking Unthinkable Things: Consciousness & the Spectrum of Healing
Lama Surya Das: Buddha Is as Buddha Does: Ten Original Practices for Enlightened Living
SPECIAL EVENING EVENTS (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC A Fee is Required)
Thursday, May 28, 2009, 7:30 - 9:30pm
Bevery Rubik, PhD
Transforming Illness & Maximizing Well Being: The Role of the Human Biofield
Friday, May 29, 2009, 7:30 - 9:30pm
Larry Dossey, MD
Remember the Future: The Power of Premonitions, and How They Shape Our Existence
The fee is $30 per event
If you only want to Register for one these evening events you will still use the conference registration system.
Click on the link above that says "Click to Register Now" and follow the instructions. (Registration is available at the door from 6:30-7:20 pm or by phone with credit card 619-861-2237)
SATURDAY GALA DINNER
Saturday, May 30, 2009, 7:30 - 11:00pm
Keynote: David Feinstein, PhD - The Rapid Healing of PTSD: How EP Changes the Brain
Musical Entertainment: David Roth, Dinner, Dancing and Surprises
54 BREAKOUT SESSIONS Organized into 9 Tracks
Fundamentals of Energy Psychology - Energy Psychology Through the Life Cycle - Special Populations - Specific Approaches - Spirituality and Consciousness - Developing the Practitioner - Developing your EP Business - Integrated Approaches to Energy Psychology - Potpourri of Energy Psychology
By leaders in the field including: Gloria Arenson, John Diepold, Tapas Flemming, David Gruder, Fred Gallo, Nan Lu, Michael Mayer, Maggie Phillips, Sandra Radonski, Mary Sise, Larry Stoler and Many More
Click here to Register Now
NEW SAVINGS FOR 2009
• Free tuition to AFT Web-based Acupuncture4themind self-transformation course (a $200 value)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT - UP TO 44 HOURS AVAILABLE ( Updated May 5, 2009)
CE credit is Available for: Florida North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia Psychologists* • Nurses • Professional Counselors • MFTs • Social Workers • Drug & Alcohol Counselors • Acupuncture & TCM Practitioners
ACEP is a nationally approved provider for the:
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB, 1048),
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC, 5868),
- Acupuncturists and Practitioners of Oriental Medicine through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine provider (#ACHB727), and
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC, 368).
ACEP is a Florida approved CE provider for the
- Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider # 20-215146),
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (CE Provider # 50-10765),
- *Florida Psychologists according to Florida regulation 64B19.13.003 (1) (i) “Continuing psychological education credit will be granted for Florida Psychologists for CE courses approved by any Board within the Division of Medical Quality Assurance of the Department of Health, provided that such courses enhance the psychological skills and/or psychological knowledge of the licensee.” This conference meets this requirement (See above i.e. Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (CE Provider # 50-10765)
- Georgia Psychologists. We believe you can can get up to 10 hours of CE credit under the self study clause of your CE-regulations.
NEW INFO ( May 5, 2009) CE Credit for Psychologists at ACEP
Thanks to the initiative of a number of members we have discovered that CE regulations of a number of additional states appear to allow psychologists to get credit for the conference.
- *Virginia Psychologists: According to their published regulations, because the conference is accepted by Florida Boards it will accept the conference for CE (We talked with the VA board and confirmed this.)
- *North Carolina Psychologists: According to their published regulations the conference meets criteria for category B CE credit.
- *South Carolina Psychologists: According to their published regulationsThe conference meets criteria for category B CE credit, and may meet category A criteria.
*Disclaimer: ACEP has attempted to provide the most accurate information available. ACEP cannot guarantee the actions of individual state psychology boards or how they will interpret their own regulations in terms of accepting CE credits for the 11th International Energy Psychology Conference. Nor have we checked every state board. Below is a link that will allow you to find the regulations of each psychology state board. We recommend that you check your own regulations, as well as contacting your own boards to confirm this information.
ACEP is an approved provider of continuing education (PCE3536) for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for California MFTs and LCSWs. Presentations designated for CE meet the qualifi-cations for CE credit for MFTs and LCSWs as required by the BBS.
- ACEP is an approved provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # 14626).
- ACEP has applied to become a CE Provider of the AmericanPsychological Association. Unfortunately, the APA has just turned us down ( March 25, 2009). We will be appealing the decision. But it will not apply to this conference. Florida and Georgia Psychologists will still be able to get CE credit under their state statutes.
Florida Board of Acupuncture: We are sorry but we will not be able to give CEUS through the Florida Board of Acupuncture. They originally approved us, but then they required a ludicrous amount of paperwork to get the conference approved. We simply could not comply with these draconian measures. Feel free to complain to the board.
The General Educational Objectives of the Conference are that participants can:
1) Identify at least 3 Energy Psychology methods or strategies to decrease negative or aversive affect
2) Describe at least 5 practices for reducing stress.
3) List at least two approaches to enhance their own creativity and the creativity of others.
4) Identify at least 3 Energy Psychology practices that can be integrated with general psychotherapy and counseling principles.
Click here to Register Now
The Florida Hotel and Conference Center 1500 Sand Lake Rd Orlando, Fl 32809
www.thefloridahotelorlando.com Reservations: 800-588-4656 Hotel: 407-859-1500
A Block of rooms is available at the special conference rate of $119 for Single or Double. There is a $11.00 per day Service charge that gives you unlimited Hi-Speed internet, Free transportation to and from Disney and two bottles of water. We expect to sell out. We strongly advise you to book your rooms as soon as possible. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE AS WE EXPECT TO SELL OUT AND YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET THE ROOM RATE. To reserve your room, call 800-588-4656 or 407-859-1500 and mention the ACEP conference.
Welcome to the "Friendliest Hotel in Orlando!"
The Florida Hotel offers an unmatched blend of luxurious comfort and world class service. Connected to The Florida Mall, the hotel is minutes away from the airport, Disney and Universal. The Hotel offers a free shuttle to Disney. We are looking into discount tickets at Disney and Universal.
The hotel boasts: Heated Pool and Spa, Refrigerators and 32" Wall Mounted Flat Panel TV in Each Room, 2 Restaurants plus Starbucks Coffee shop. It is also doing its part to help the
environment by being certified as a Florida Green hotel
If you are driving, there is ample free parking. If you are flying, there is no need to rent a car. The Florida hotel is a short fifteen minutes from the Orlando airport. The weather in Orlando in May is fantastic with highs around 87 and lows in the high 60s
Travel Plans: The last keynote on Sunday Ends at 3:00 pm with a closing ceremony ending at 3:30. The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport
Problems/ Concerns: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619 861- 2237
Tuition Begins At Only $395 (US)
Main Conference Tuition includes:
• Three stellar keynote presentations
• A choice of more than 54 breakout sessions
• Continental breakfast each day
• Member luncheon
• Conference manual
• Presenter handouts
• Over $300 off total conference audio package
• Special track for newcomers to Energy Psychology
• Morning warm-up activities
• Access to exhibits and conference bookstore
Click here to Register Now
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Special discounts offered for full time college or graduate students with official identification and one year free ACEP membership included with conference registation.
CONFERENCE BOOKSTORE & EXHIBITS: Explore an extensive selection of books and tapes related to Energy Psychology available for sale. Discover a wide range of products and services targeted toward Energy Psychology practitioners.